GuidePoint Staff

Grae Henderson, Matt Doucette and Kim Avenall will be the starting team at GuidePoint, along with Tim Johnson (not pictured).

High-demand services fulfilled

GuidePoint Pharmacy in Aitkin will be opening its doors for business on July 22, after weeks of awaiting insurance company contracts to go through.

Matt Doucette, owner of the new pharmacy, will be opening with one part-time pharmacist, Tim Johnson (who previously worked at ShopKo), and two pharmacy technicians, Grae Henderson and Kim Avenall. Doucette says his employess are excited to bring the much-needed pharmacy services to Aitkin residents.

At the time of opening, 90% of insurance company contracts should be active, so most Aitkin residents should be covered. The other 10% (residents under Caremark and Medco, primarily) are expected to be covered in the weeks after the opening. No grand opening has been scheduled yet, awaiting final insurance contracts.

The pharmacy will feature a small gift shop, which is planned to grow in selection after the scheduled opening.

Doucette and his team plan to have a booth at the Aitkin County Fair this year. He encourages interested people to stop by and chat.

Until July 22, residents can call 218-670-7120 to set up their information in the GuidePoint system prior to opening.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.