Due to delays, Hwy. 18 bridge to be replaced in 2020
Due to unforeseen delays on the Hwy. 47 bridge between Glen and Malmo, work on the Hwy. 18 bridge will be moved to mid-summer 2020.
The project has encountered heavy rainfall in addition to soil stability issues below the road’s structure. Once the corrective fix has been issued crews will pave Hwy. 47. The detour will remain in place through mid-October.
What to expect:
Until mid-October: Hwy. 47 closed north of Malmo to replace the Morman Creek bridge with two box culverts. The detour uses Hwy. 18 between Malmo and Garrison along northern Mille Lacs Lake, Hwy. 169 to Aitkin County Road 28, and County Road 12 to Hwy. 47 in Glen.
Summer 2020: Hwy. 18 will close west of Malmo along northern Mille Lacs Lake at Malmo Bay to replace the Morman Creek bridge with a new box culvert. The detour will use Hwy. 47 between Malmo and Glen, Aitkin County Road 12 to County Road 28, and Hwy. 169 to Hwy. 18 along northern Mille Lacs Lake to Malmo.
When complete in 2020, the new bridges will improve drainage in the Malmo area.
To learn more about this project or download detour maps, visit mndot.gov/d3/projects/malmo.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, check 511mn.org.
Hwy. 210 update
The Minnesota Department of Transportation is excited to announce all lanes will reopen on Highway 210 by noon, Thursday, Oct. 3.
The detour on Highway 210 has been in place since July. Motorists who travel through the area are reminded it takes a full day to open the road and remove the detour. Be alert of changes, watch for heavy moving equipment and removal of temporary signs and barricades. The mini-roundabout in Deerwood will also be removed.
- Reconstructed 11 miles of road surface with a long-life, full-depth reclamation process between Pine Shores Road in Brainerd and Seventh Avenue in Ironton
- Repaired and replaced underground drainage
- Added left-turn lanes at Crow Wing County Road 25, County Road 147 and County Road 59
- Reconstructed the Highway 210/County Road 12 (Deerwood shortcut) intersection to improve sight distance, turning movements and extending turn lanes
- Added bypass lanes at the Mississippi Northwoods entrance and Sploezens Road