Ruttger’s Bay Lake Lodge will open for its 122nd season Thursday, May 21.
Nearly all aspects of the resort will be open, with required health and safety modifications due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Operational adjustments have been put in place in adherence to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations for the health and safety of resort guests and staff.
“We are thrilled to be opening the resort and getting back to the business of having good, old-fashioned lake fun with our friends once again,” Ruttger’s’ president Chris Ruttger said.
• All resort lodging will be open, including lakeside cabins.
• Take-out is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner starting May 21. Indoor or outdoor seating will be available on June 1 (menu only).
• Auntie M’s Coffee Shop will be open for the season beginning Friday, May 22 for take-out. Indoor or outdoor seating will be available on June 1.
• Zig’s Restaurant and Bar will remain closed at this time.
• Jack’s 18 and Alec’s 9 golf courses will be open for play.
• The Garage and the Lobby Shop will be open for the season on May 22. A limited number of guests will be allowed within the store at one time. Ann’s Bay Lake Boutique will open at a later date.
• The Fine Line Salon & Spa will open for the season on June 1. Gift certificates are available for purchase. Reservations are being taken for future appointments. Call 218-678-2157 for more information.
• Beaches, tennis and pickleball courts will be open.
• A revised schedule of activities has been developed for guests that includes bingo, Tito’s Trivia Tuesdays, nature hikes, pontoon cruises, bonfires with s’mores, shuffleboard, and other outdoor-focused fun.
• The Marina will be open with motorized and non-motorized watercraft available.
• Kids’ Kamp will not be offered this season.
A complete overview of resort operations is available online at https://ruttgers.com/covid-19-operations/
A number of upcoming events have been altered or canceled due to the pandemic:
• Jack Ruttger’s 90th birthday celebration and Jackson and the Roosters Ruttger’s Summer Concert Series concert scheduled for Saturday, May 30, have been canceled.
• The Legends of the Road Classic Car Show and Grayhawk Ruttger’s Summer Concert Series concert scheduled for Saturday, June 6, have been canceled.
• The second annual Pike-a-Palooza Fishing Tournament and fish fry is still tentatively scheduled to take place on Saturday, June 13. The resort will continue to monitor governmental guidelines. The event will take place if health and safety standards can be met.
• The fourth annual Beer and Bacon Bonanza scheduled for the weekend of June 19-21 is still tentatively scheduled to take place. The resort will continue to monitor governmental guidelines. The event will take place if health and safety standards can be met.