Carbon monoxide poisoning can sneak up on you as it is an odorless, tasteless, and invisible gas. When people are exposed to carbon monoxide (CO) gas, the CO molecules will displace the oxygen in their bodies and can lead to poisoning.

Typical carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms include: headache, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, confusion, and tiredness. The CDC estimates that every year approximately 400 people in the U.S. die from unintentional CO exposure. Additionally, more than 100,000 people visit the emergency room, and more than 14,000 are hospitalized.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.