1 large egg
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or your favorite milk)
1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
pinch of salt
3 cups old-fashioned oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350o F. Spray regular muffin pan with non-stick spray.
2. Add the first nine ingredients in a bowl, whisk to combine.
3. Add the oats and baking powder, stir to combine.
4. Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
5. Evenly distribute the batter into muffin tin. Each should be nearly full since muffins don't rise much.
6. Bake for about 23 minutes, or until tops are set both visually and when touched lightly. Don’t overbake because muffins will be prone to drying out. Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 20 minutes before removing and placing on a rack to cool completely. Muffins will keep airtight at room temperature for up to five days, or in the freezer for up to six months.