• Isle zoning meeting: 1st Mon., 5 p.m., Isle City Council Chambers.
• Onamia Planning Commission: 1st Mon., 6 p.m., Onamia City Hall.
• Mille Lacs County Board meeting: 1st and 3rd Tues., 9 a.m., Mille Lacs County Courthouse.
• Wahkon City Council meeting: 2nd Mon., 6 p.m., Wahkon City Hall.
• Garrison City Council meeting: 2nd Tues., 5:30 p.m., Garrison City Hall.
• Eastside Township Board meeting: 2nd Tues, 7 p.m. at the Township Hall.
• Isle City Council meeting: 2nd Tues., 6:00 p.m., Isle City Hall.
• Soil and Water Conservation District board meetings: 2nd Wed., 6 p.m., Mille Lacs County Historic Courthouse.
• Onamia City Council meeting: 2nd Wed., 6 p.m., Onamia City Hall.
Free ECRAC Art Show and Fry Bread Taco Dinner: A free indigenous art show and fry bread taco dinner will take place on Weds., July 28 from 6-8 p.m. at the Rolf Olsen Center in Onamia. See ad on page 2 for more details.
Art Show: ECRAC will be holding its 34th year of the IMAGE Art Show from July 14 to August 6 at the ECRAC Gallery on 540 Weber Ave. S. Ste. 109, Hinckley. Viewing days are Wednesday, Thursdays and Fridays between noon and 4 p.m. See ad on page 2 for more details.
Belles of Mille Lacs Luncheon: A luncheon will be held on Aug. 10 at noon at the wahkon Inn. All area women are welcome to attend.
Garrison Community Night Out: The City of Garrison is holding their 8th Annual Community Night Out on Tuesday, Aug. 3 from 5-6:30 p.m. at the Garrison City Lions Park Pavilion. Free hot dgos, brats, chips and beverages. See ad on this page for more information.
VFW Auxiliary 955 meeting will be held the third Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. at the Vets Club in Onamia.
Recycling: Isle: One block west of Isle City Hall, 465 W. Isle Street, Isle. Onamia: Near Onamia Township Hall, 35617 125th Ave., Onamia. Milaca: 565 8th St. NE, Milaca. - All open 24 hours per day.
Cribbage: At the Onamia VFW, on Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m. Call (320) 532-4171. At MSA Flagship in Isle on Thursdays at 1:30 p.m. Call (320) 676-3556 if interested.
Isle Area Farmers market: At Johnson’s Portside Saturdays from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
The Glen Farmers Market is kicking off it’s fourth season on Friday, June 11. The market, located about 15 miles southeast of Aitkin on the property of Glen Meats at the corner of Hwy. 47 and Co. Rd. 12, is open every Friday from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. through the season. For more info or to be a vendor at the Glen Farmers Market, contact Adrienne Hurd at 218-927-4553 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Isle AA: Every Weds (7-8 p.m.) and Sat., (9-10 a.m.)., Faith Lutheran Church, 220 E. Lake St. Call (763)732-3290 for more information.
• Garrison AA: Every Mon & Weds., 7:30 p.m., Community Alliance Church, 9468 Jefferson St. .
• Malmo AA: Every Mon., 7-8 p.m., Bethesda Lutheran, 21590 Hwy. 47, Malmo.
Call (425) 533-4620 for more information.
• Onamia AA: Support group meeting at Holy Cross Center at 7 p.m. on Thursdays. Masks and social distancing are required.
• Onamia NA: Support group meeting at Holy Cross Center at 7 p.m. on Sundays. Masks and social distancing are required.
• Parkinson’s Disease Support Group Meeting: The Brainerd Lakes Area Parkinson’s Disease Support Group will meet at Lord of Life Church, 6190 Fairview Road, Baxter on Thursday, August 5 at 1:00pm. There will be a presentation on delivering Parkinson’s medication by pump. Please call 218-829-4017 if you have questions. Masks are required if you are not vaccinated.
• Isle: TOPS (Take off Pounds Sensibly) meets every Tuesday morning at 8:30 a.m. at Isle Baptist Church. Call Theresa Oelrich at 763-438-3610 for more information.
• Grief Support Group: Thursdays beginning June 10 for 8 weeks, 1-2:30 p.m. at Holy Cross Center, Onamia. Drop-ins welcome
• Caregivers Support Group: 3rd Tues. of every month, 10 a.m., at Holy Cross Center, Onamia. Drop- ins welcome.